Are you looking for something fun and creative to pass the time? Maybe you’re feeling a bit bored and want to try your hand at drawing. But what should you draw? Where do you even begin? If you’re feeling stuck, don’t worry – we’ve got you covered. In this post, we’ll explore different ideas and techniques for cool drawings, whether you’re an amateur or an experienced artist. Here are some common questions and topics we’ll cover:
What Should I Draw?
This is probably the most common question any aspiring artist asks themselves. The possibilities are endless, but here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- Animals: Try drawing your favorite animal, whether it’s a cat, dog, horse, or something more exotic. You could also try drawing a mythical creature like a dragon or a unicorn.
- Landscapes: If you enjoy nature, try drawing a scenic view of a mountain or beach. You could also try drawing a cityscape or a famous landmark.
- People: Whether it’s yourself, your friends, or your favorite celebrity, drawing people can be a fun challenge. Try practicing different facial expressions or body poses.
- Objects: Draw your favorite object, whether it’s a guitar, a book, or a piece of food. You could also try drawing everyday items in a creative way, like a utensil with a face or a soda can with a slogan.
What Cute Things Can I Draw?
If you’re looking for something adorable or whimsical, here are some cute ideas to try:
- Kawaii: This is a Japanese term for “cute” or “adorable” and refers to a popular style of artwork featuring big heads, small bodies, and cute expressions. Try drawing a kawaii version of your favorite animal, food, or object.
- Cartoons: Cartoons are often associated with cuteness, so try drawing a favorite cartoon character or creating your own character in a cartoon style. This could be a fun project for kids or adults alike.
- Babies and Animals: Nothing is more heartwarming than a drawing of a baby or an animal. Try drawing a cute kitten, a puppy, or a baby in a onesie. You could also try drawing a baby animal, like a baby elephant or a baby panda.
100 Easy Things to Draw When You’re Bored
Feeling a bit uninspired? Here are some easy things you can draw when you’re bored, whether you’re a beginner or an experienced artist:
- Emoji Faces: Emoji faces are a popular way to express emotions in text messages and social media. Try drawing your favorite emoji face in a larger size.
- Flowers: Flowers are always a classic choice for drawing, whether it’s a single rose or a bouquet of wildflowers.
- Mandala: A mandala is a geometric pattern often used in Hinduism and Buddhism as a symbol of the universe. Try drawing your own mandala with different shapes and colors.
- Doodles: Sometimes the simplest drawings are the most fun. Try improvising different doodles and see where your pen takes you.
What is Something Easy to Draw?
Drawing doesn’t have to be complicated. Here are some easy things you could draw, whether you’re a kid or an adult:
- Stick Figures: Sometimes the simplest drawings are the most effective. Try drawing stick figures in different poses or scenarios.
- Shapes: Drawing shapes can be a great exercise in precision and consistency. Try drawing circles, squares, triangles, and other shapes in different sizes.
- Lines and Patterns: Sometimes it’s all about the lines. Try drawing patterns with lines, like zig-zags or curves.
- Letters and Numbers: Drawing letters and numbers is a great way to practice your handwriting and add a personal touch to your artwork.
What is the Coolest Thing to Draw?
This is subjective, of course, but here are some ideas for cool drawings:
- Tattoos: If you’re interested in body art, try drawing a tattoo design. This could be a fun challenge in creating something unique and meaningful.
- Fan Art: If you’re a fan of a particular book, movie, or TV show, try drawing a fan art of your favorite character or scene.
- Sci-Fi and Fantasy: If you enjoy sci-fi and fantasy, try drawing a futuristic city or a mythical creature like a griffin or a mermaid.
- Surrealism: Surrealism is an art movement that emphasizes the subconscious and the unexpected. Try drawing a surreal landscape or an abstract composition.
Tips and Tricks
Whether you’re a beginner or an expert, here are some tips and tricks that could help you improve your drawing skills:
- Start with the Basics: Even if you’re more interested in drawing complex compositions, it’s essential to master the fundamentals of drawing, like proportion, shading, and perspective.
- Practice, Practice, Practice: Drawing is like any other skill – it requires practice and dedication. Try practicing every day for at least 30 minutes.
- Experiment with Different Materials: Don’t be afraid to try different drawing tools, like charcoal, pastels, or markers. Each material has its unique texture and effect.
- Learn from Other Artists: Look at other artists’ work for inspiration and learning. You could also take art classes or watch drawing tutorials online.
Drawing is a fun and expressive activity that anyone can enjoy. Whether you’re looking for cute and easy doodles or challenging sci-fi landscapes, there’s something for everyone. Remember to start with the basics, practice regularly, and experiment with different materials. Don’t be afraid to get creative and express yourself. Happy drawing!